Kegel Balls (Ben-Wa balls) What are They and Why you Should use Them
Kegel balls, also known as Ben-Wa balls, are balls that are inserted into the vaginal canal to help with pelvic floor exercises. Traditionally they were invented by Japanese women and were made of hollow brass balls, with one weighted down.
Modern balls are made from a variety of materials from stone, stainless steel to glass and silicone. They come in a variety of sizes and weights. The idea being you squeeze your pelvic floors around the balls to work the muscles and increase strength. Some have a string or long strip to pull to get them out, others you push out. Beginners are best to use silicone balls as they are easier to hold inside.
- Increased sensation during intercourse
- Enhanced orgasm due to increased blood flow
- More likely to experience multiple orgasms
- Ability to hold ‘him’ tighter inside you
- Pulls things back into place after childbirth
- Prepares your body for childbirth
- Helps prevent incontinence later in life
- No more accidents when you laugh too hard!
How to use them
- Always wash the balls thoroughly before and after use be sure to clean any joins and take any parts apart that can be removed. If you have a toy cleaner use that to disinfect it. Always use plenty of water based lubrication.
- Lie on your back in a comfortable relaxed position and insert one ball at a time. If there is a string attached to one, insert this one last.
- Squeeze as though you are trying to stop a pee. Visualise pulling everything upwards, and when you think you can’t squeeze any more, squeeze that extra little bit. If you are in doubt as to whether you are doing it right – practice when you are having a pee, stopping and starting the flow. You should feel your anus tightening too.
- Try doing 10 quick pull up and releases, then 10 pull up and hold for 10 seconds and release. Doing this 3 times a day will have you well on your way. The Squeezy app will remind you and guide you through this sequence.
- You may want to go about your daily business, and that’s fine, you don’t need to be lying down to work your pelvic floors you can be doing your ironing or even out shopping! Some women even find the sensation of having the balls jiggling around quite pleasurable.
- To remove them if they have a string lie down as you did before and gently find the string to remove. If there’s no string you might find it easier to squat and push them out.
- It’s best to keep them in a zip lock bag after they have been cleaned.
You may feel you want to experiment with different types of balls once you’ve got the hang of it. Expect to pay from £8.99 for basic beginners balls to up to £80.00 for more advanced.
You can buy a beginners set from me today for just £9.99. The silicone kegel balls come in a red felt bag, with sex toy cleaner spray, wipes, condoms, lubrication samples, and a guide on how to use them.
To buy these or for help deciding which ones will work best for you and to purchase contact me directly firstname.lastname@example.org