A new article states that being in a toxic relationship can cause PTSD.
So how do you know if you’re in one? Here’s 10 tips that should be red warning flags.
- They make digs at your appearance and personality either seriously or as a ‘joke’
- When you voice you’re not happy about something they have a way of turning it round on you
- They lie then try to make you feel like you’re crazy when you catch them out
- They make you feel like you can’t do anything right
- They want to be able to reach you 24 hours a day and get angry when they can’t reach you
- They tell you they can’t trust you
- They use emotional blackmail to get what they want
- Guilt is a familiar feeling for you
- They won’t let you see your friends or family
- You tread on egg shells for fear of upsetting them
If you need support ending a relationship like this, then get in touch, I can help. I have experienced first hand how dangerous these relationships can be.