Is New Year time for a change? So many people are in miserable toxic relationships, however they stay together because the good times, are really good, usually intense, however they fear of losing that person, being alone, and don’t feel worthy of anything better. How do you know if you are in a toxic relationship?
Here’s 15 Signs You are in a Toxic Relationship….
1. Everything you say seems to be taken the wrong way – you feel you have to tread on egg shells but still seem to end up arguing
2. If you took the sex away you probably wouldn’t be together
3. One or both of you frequently check the others phones and social media accounts
4. You suspect your partner knows your social media passwords and is checking up on you.
5. One or both of you think about the other constantly and what they are doing who they are with when you aren’t together. Neither of you fully trust the other, and one or both is potentially cheating because they think they other is at it
6. They say hurtful things and try and laugh them off as ‘jokes’ and throw your insecurities back at you
7. Most of your closet friends and family think you shouldn’t be together
8. They mentally or physically abuse you but show remorse so you forget it until next time
9. You feel as though you’re doing all the giving but you’re not getting your relationship needs met
10. There is constant point scoring, games and winding each other up
11. You feel frustrated and sad more than 40% of the time
12. You feel you can’t comment on the attractiveness or qualities of other people who are the same sex as your partner for fear of making them jealous or them taking it the wrong way
13. Your relationship is a cycle of breaking up and getting back together
14. You are both co dependent however neither is happy
15. You feel you can’t live with them, but can’t live without them